The Scholarship was established in 2015 by Calvary with a vision to encourage students to pursue their passion in Health Care.
About this scholarship
Calvary John James Hospital is the largest private hospital in the ACT, located in the prestigious suburb of Deakin. The hospital comprises acute and medical services to a regional population of 518,000. Calvary John James provides the only private maternity unit on the south side of Canberra with a special care nursery. It also has the only purpose built private rehabilitation unit with hydrotherapy pool in Canberra. The hospital is a Catholic facility and is in the Tradition of the Sisters of the Little Company of Mary.
The Scholarship was established in 2015 by Calvary with a vision to encourage students to pursue their passion in Health Care. The Scholarship will support fresh school leavers to study Nursing/Paramedicine at ACU's Canberra campus.
- Open: Monday, 28 May 2018
- Close: Monday, 6 August 2018
- The scholarship is valued at $2,500, to be paid in one lump sum.
- There are four scholarships available.
- Two scholarships are available to students enrolled in the Bachelor of Nursing and two scholarships are available to students enrolled in the dual degree Bachelor of Nursing/Bachelor of Paramedicine.
- Citizenship: domestic students
- Faculty: Health Sciences
- Course: Bachelor of Nursing, Bachelor of Nursing/Bachelor of Paramedicine
- Campus: Canberra
- Year level: First year
Apply online by clicking the button below and completing the application form. You must attach the following documentation with your application:
- A written statement of approximately 200-400 words outlining:
- How do you engage with your (local) community and how does this reflect the mission and values of ACU?
- Evidence of ATAR ranking, previous university results, or equivalent;
- Written reference (academic);
- Written reference (community service).
Applications are assessed based on the strength of the following criteria:
- Written statement.
- Academic merit.
- Community service.
- Written references.
The recipient will be selected by the Scholarships Office.
You are requested to submit a letter of appreciation for the donor explaining how the scholarship has assisted you. The letter should be submitted to the Scholarships Office no later than 1 October 2018.
Applications close on 6 August 2018