Gill Family Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Scholarship is intended to assist students from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander backgrounds.
About this scholarship
Established in 2014, the Gill Family Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Scholarship is intended to assist students from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander backgrounds.
- Open: Monday, 28 May 2018
- Close: Monday, 8 August 2018
- The scholarship is valued at $2,500, to be paid in one lump sum.
- There is one scholarship available.
This scholarship is open to applicants who meet all of the following criteria:
- Citizenship: Australian
- Target group: Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander students
- Campus: Melbourne or Ballarat
- Course: enrolled in a Nursing and/or Midwifery degree
The following documents must be submitted with the application:
- A written statement of approximately 200 words outlining:
- how the Scholarship could financially support your studies
- how your intended degree would potentially benefit Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people
- Evidence of your contribution to community service and social justice
- Evidence of financial need
- Academic Transcript (current)
Applications are assessed based on the strength of the following criteria:
- Written statement
- Contribution to community service and social justice
- Financial need
Applications will be shortlisted by the Scholarships Office and a recipient selected by a selection committee comprised of the donor, a representative of the School of Nursing and Midwifery, and a representative from the Jim-baa-yer Indigenous Higher Education Unit.
Applications close on 6 August 2018