The Gill Family Scholarship is intended to financially assist students from low socio-economic backgrounds.
About this scholarship
Established in 2014, the Gill Family Scholarship is intended to financially assist students from low socio-economic backgrounds.
- Open: Monday, 28 May 2018
- Close: Monday, 6 August 2018
- The scholarship is valued at $2,500, to be paid in one lump sum.
- There is one scholarship available.
This scholarship is open to applicants who meet all of the following criteria:
- Citizenship: domestic students
- Campus: Melbourne or Ballarat
- Course: enrolled in a Nursing or Midwifery degree
The following documents must be submitted with the application:
- A written statement of approximately 200 words outlining:
- how the Scholarship could financially support you and your studies
- how your intended degree would potentially benefit future career aspirations
- Evidence of your contribution to community service and social justice
- Evidence of financial need
- Academic transcript (current)
Applications are assessed based on the strength of the following criteria:
- Written statement
- Contribution to community service and social justice
- Financial need
Applications will be shortlisted by the Scholarships Office and a recipient selected by a selection committee comprised of the donor and a representative of the School of Nursing and Midwifery.
Applications close on 6 August 2018