Each year the ANU College of Business & Economics may award a CBE Access Scholarship to a prospective student who is applying for admission to an undergraduate degree program offered by the...
Each year the ANU College of Business & Economics may award a CBE Access Scholarship to a prospective student who is applying for admission to an undergraduate degree program offered by the College.
The ANU College of Business and Economics is committed to strengthening educational outcomes for students from financially disadvantaged backgrounds. This scholarship will assist with the cost of studying in an undergraduate coursework program at the College and offers students the chance to be recognised for their academic achievements, meet other scholarship recipients and build strong professional networks.
The award is available to a prospective ANU student who:
- is an Australian citizen, Australian permanent resident, New Zealand citizen (or dual citizenship holders of either Australia or New Zealand) or Australian humanitarian visa Holder;
- has completed a Year 12 qualification in Australia at an Australian High School (or College);
- has made an application for admission to the Australian National University to a single, or a flexible double degree with one of the programs offered by the ANU College of Business and Economics;
- is eligible for Educational Access Scheme (EAS) financial disadvantage bonus points, or can demonstrate financial need through the UAC Equity Scholarships application process at http://www.uac.edu.au/equity/.
Deferred students who have applied for admission to the ANU in a previous intake, and then formally deferred their offer may still be considered for this award along with the commencing cohort. However, these students will need to contact the College Scholarships Office to request consideration for the award.
- $5,000 per annum
- 10 on offer
- Payments made per semester
- Payments made for 4 years
The scholarship is $5,000 per annum. The award is paid in equal instalments at the beginning of each semester providing the recipient meets the ongoing scholarship eligibility of maintaining a weighted average mark (WAM) of 60% calculated across all courses taken in a semester.
The award payment will align to the recipient's academic study load. For example, 24 unit enrolment constitutes 100% award payment; 18 unit enrolment constitutes 75% award payment, etc.
How to apply
Applications for 2019 should be made via the University Admissions Centre (UAC) by 28th November 2018. The link to the UAC Equity portal is available by clicking on the "Apply Now" button at the top of this page.