This scholarship may be awarded to a prospective student who is applying for admission to an undergraduate degree program offered by the College.
The ANU College of Business and Economics National Excellence Award may be awarded to a prospective student who is applying for admission to an undergraduate degree program offered by the College.
The award will assist domestic students with the cost of studying in an undergraduate coursework program at the College and offers students the chance to be recognised for their academic achievements, meet other scholarship recipients and build strong professional networks.
Field of study
All disciplines at the ANU College of Business and Economics
The award is available to a prospective ANU student who:
- is an Australian citizen, Australian permanent resident, New Zealand citizen (or dual citizenship holders of either Australia or New Zealand) or Australian humanitarian visa Holder;
- has completed a Year 12 qualification in Australia at an Australian High School (or College);
- is applying for admission to university for the first time;
- has made an application for admission to a single, or a flexible double undergraduate degree program offered by the ANU College of Business and Economics; and
- has achieved a minimum ATAR of 95 (excluding bonus points).
Deferred students who have applied for admission to the ANU in a previous intake, and then formally deferred their offer may still be considered for this award along with the commencing cohort. However, these students will need to contact the College Scholarships Office to request consideration for the award.
The scholarship is $5,000 per annum. The award is paid in equal instalments at the beginning of each semester providing the recipient meets the ongoing scholarship eligibility of maintaining a weighted average mark (WAM) of 70% calculated across all courses taken in a semester.
The award payment will align to the recipient's academic study load. For example, 24 unit enrolment constitutes 100% award payment; 18 unit enrolment constitutes 75% award payment, etc.
How to apply
There is no separate application for this scholarship. Students applying through UAC are automatically considered based on them meeting the eligibility criteria or conditions prescribed under the Eligibility section.