This scholarship is for prospective student who is relocating to Canberra for the first time to study in an undergraduate degree program offered by the ANU College of Business and Economics.
Each year the ANU College of Business & Economics may award a CBE Regional and Rural Relocation Scholarship to a prospective student who is relocating to Canberra for the first time to study in an undergraduate degree program offered by the ANU College of Business and Economics.
The ANU College of Business and Economics is committed to strengthening educational outcomes for students who have been schooled and reside in regional and rural areas outside of the immediate Canberra region. This scholarship will assist with the cost of relocating to study in an undergraduate coursework program at the College and offers students the chance to be recognised for their academic achievements, meet other scholarship recipients and build strong professional networks
Field of study
All disciplines at the ANU College of Business and Economics
The award is available each year to a prospective ANU student who:
- is an Australian citizen, Australian permanent resident, New Zealand citizen (or dual citizenship holders of either Australia or New Zealand) or Australian humanitarian visa Holder;
- has completed a Year 12 qualification in Australia at an Australian High School (or College);
- has been schooled in, and resided in a regional and rural area outside of the Canberra region. This excludes students from the immediate Canberra surrounds (postcodes 0200, 2600-2612, 2614-2620, 2900-2914). Universities Admission Centre (UAC) Education Access Scheme (EAS) Schools Lists will be used to award the scholarship;
- is applying for admission to university for the first time; and
- has made an application for admission to the Australian National University to a single, or a flexible double degree with one of the programs offered by the ANU College of Business and Economics.
Deferred students who have applied for admission to the ANU in a previous intake, and then formally deferred their offer may still be considered for this award along with the commencing cohort. However, these students will need to contact the College Scholarships Office to request consideration for the award.
The scholarship is $5,000 per annum. The award is paid in equal instalments at the beginning of each semester providing the recipient meets the ongoing scholarship eligibility of maintaining a weighted average mark (WAM) of 60% calculated across all courses taken in a semester.
The award payment will align to the recipient's academic study load. For example, 24 unit enrolment constitutes 100% award payment; 18 unit enrolment constitutes 75% award payment, etc.
How to apply
There is no separate application for this scholarship. Students applying through UAC are automatically considered based on them meeting the eligibility criteria or conditions prescribed under the Eligibility section.
The scholarship will be offered in Semester 1 only.