The Award is available for students ('the scholar/s') who have completed a Year 12 qualification in Australia and who are applying for admission to the University for the first time.
The ANU College of Business & Economics may award up to ten, with scope for up to twenty College of Business & Economics Undergraduate Merit awards each year. The Award is available for students ('the scholar/s') who have completed a Year 12 qualification in Australia and who are applying for admission to the University for the first time.
The Scholarship shall be available to an applicant who:
- Is a Domestic or International student;
- Is entering university for the first time. Students transferring from other universities are not eligible;
- Has applied for admission to a single or double undergraduate degree program offered by the College;
- Has completed a Year 12 qualification in Australia at an Australian High School;
- Has received an approved Australian Tertiary Admission Rank (ATAR) or ENTER score and applied for admission to the ANU through the Universities Admissions Centre (UAC) during the intake this award is being offered. Direct applicants are not eligible. Deferred students who have applied for admission to the ANU in a previous intake, and then formally deferred their offer may still be considered for this award along with their commencing cohort. However these students will need to contact the College prior to commencement in order to ensure their consideration as it may not necessarily be automatic.
- Has achieved a minimum ATAR of at least 95 (excluding bonus points).
The award will be paid as a one-off payment of $5000.
How to apply
No application is necessary as all students applying through UAC will be automatically considered.
Achieving the required ATAR, as set out in the eligibility, does not guarantee a scholarship, Awards will be given out to those eligible for consideration in order of academic merit until the allocation is exhausted. Students will be contacted by the University prior to commencement in the event that they are successful.
The Award will be offered in first semester only.