The ANU Students' Association's Parents and Carers grant is designed to assist undergraduate ANU students who are carers.
ANUSA recognizes that students who are carers can often face additional barriers to study dueto competing time priorities, increased financial commitments including childcare and at times barriers to connecting with the wider ANU community.
- Be enrolled as an Undergraduate student at ANU.
- Be enrolled as a candidate for an ANU award on a part-time or full-time basis, of a 50% study load or more.
- If a HECS Help-liable student, have deferred in full their HECS loan payment.
- If the holder of a student visa, be able to demonstrate an unexpected change in financial circumstances since commencing the program of study.
- Be able to demonstrate financial need.
- Be able to demonstrate carer responsibilities.
- Not be in receipt of a substantial scholarship, bursary or grant from any other source over $5,000.
ANUSA Parents and Carers Grant are for the value of a one off payment of between $250 and $1000 at the discretion of the committee.
ANUSA Parents and Carers Grants are awarded subject to the availability of funds. Students are eligible to apply for one Parents and Carers Grant per semester, unless unexpected and extenuating circumstances apply. The ANUSA Parents and Carers Grants operate separately and in addition to the ANUSA Emergency Grant Scheme.
How to apply
The application form is available at the top of this page.
- Complete all sections of the form
- Provide the requested supporting documentation
- You may be asked to provide additional evidence where required
- Send your application to firstname.lastname@example.org
Lodging an application does not guarantee that a grant will be awarded as all applications are considered by the committee on merit.