The Australian National University (ANU) offers a scholarship known as the Bachor Undergraduate Science Scholarship.
The Australian National University (ANU) offers a scholarship known as the Bachor Undergraduate Science Scholarship. The objectives of the scholarship are;
- to provide financial support to a person of disadvantage and who is in financial need;
- to actively outreach to those who have refugee status;
- to help enable and encourage the recipient to continue their studies in the area of Science.
The scholarship will be available to a prospective ANU student who is:
- a Permanent Humanitarian Visa Holder, a Temporary Humanitarian Visa Holder or an Australian Permanent Resident or Australian citizen who has arrived in Australia for the first time within the last 5 years;
- enrolled/enrolling in an undergraduate degree program of study of science (excluding Medical Science) at the ANU;
- has not enrolled in any undergraduate degree program previous to commencing at the University;
- $5,000 per annum
- 1 on offer
- Payments made per semester
- Payments made for 3 years
The scholarship is valued at $5,000 per year. The duration of the scholarship will be a maximum of three years and paid in equal instalments at the beginning of each semester.
How to apply
Applications for 2019 should be made via the University Admissions Centre (UAC) by 28th November 2018. The link to the UAC Equity portal is available by clicking on the "Apply Now" button at the top of this page.
The application shall also consist of a supporting statement by the student of no more than 300 words which details how the scholarship would enable them to take advantage of their studies, to enable them to reach their full potential.
The supporting statement shall be submitted to ANU Access and Inclusion via email (firstname.lastname@example.org) prior to the scholarship closing date.