The Rotary-Alf Gillespie Scholarship for Indigenous Australian Undergraduate Students is to encourage Indigenous Australian students to continue with tertiary education and also to study their own culture and history.
- Applicants must be an undergraduate Indigenous student of the University
- be enrolled in the third year of a bachelor degree program and taking courses relevant to the study of Indigenous Australian culture such as archaeology, anthropology, history and linguistics
- have achieved the best average results, of all the students considered for the scholarship, in relevant courses taken in the previous year
- have a desire to continue with tertiary education and to study their own Indigenous culture and history.
Selection based on
- The academic value of the applicant's project
- the academic record of the applicant
- reports from two academic referees
- money available in the fund in any year
- availability of appropriate supervision.