Each year the University may award a scholarship known as the Thrive Scholarship which is valued up to $50,000.
Each year the University may award a scholarship known as the Thrive Scholarship. Access to high-quality university education is critical to increasing social mobility. Scholarships are an avenue to demonstrate that excellence is everywhere. All students, regardless of their background, have the right to thrive.
Field of study
All ANU undergraduate degrees
The award shall be available for award each year to a new ANU student who:
- is an Australian citizen or holds an Australian permanent humanitarian visa; and
- is a current school leaver; and
- achieves an ATAR of 80 or higher - including any Educational Access Scheme (EAS) bonus points; and
- is eligible for EAS bonus points
The scholarship is valued at up to $50,000 over up to 5 years. The scholarship will be paid as per the schedule below.
In addition to the stipend component of the scholarship, Thrive Scholars are mentored by established ANU students from similar backgrounds. Thrive Scholars also receive priority enrolment in a Vice-Chancellor's financial leadership course. These opportunities together are the key elements that ensure the success of Thrive Scholars.
How to apply
Application is via the University Admissions Centre (UAC) Equity Scholarships Portal. The link to the portal is available by clicking on the "Apply Now" button at the top of this page.
The application shall also consist of a supporting statement of no more than 500 words detailing:
- the circumstances that they have faced and how they could pose a serious challenge to their ability to participate at University and how the scholarship would enable them to reach their full potential and pursue their tertiary education; and
- how the scholar intends to make a positive impact on society, providing evidence on personal ethos that is oriented to making a difference for others.
The Supporting Statement shall be submitted to ANU Access and Inclusion via email email@example.com prior to the scholarship closing date.