The Wanda Henry Scholarship in Photonics is designed to assist undergraduate students in their study of photonics.
The Wanda Henry Scholarship in Photonics is designed to assist undergraduate students in their study of photonics. It is available to second-year students enrolled in 24 units per semester of physics (PHYS) and/or engineering (ENGN).
This Scholarship is offered by the Research School of Physics and Engineering and the ANU College of Science. Read more on Dr Wanda Henry.
Field of study
Physics and Engineering
To be eligible for consideration applicants must:
- be an Australian or New Zealand citizen or an Australian Permanent Resident;
- be enrolled in in a Bachelor of Physics and/or Bachelor of Engineering degree program;
- be enrolled full-time in 24 units per semester of physics (PHYS) and engineering (ENGN) courses;
- have already been enrolled in and passed the following courses: PHYS1101, PHYS1201
The value of the scholarship is $5,000 and will be paid over a period of two years in two equal installments at the end of each academic year in the second and third years of the undergraduate degree program.
How to apply
There is only one round of offers for this scholarship each year. Applicants are required to provide a brief one-page letter explaining:
- how and why this scholarship will help you at ANU;
- your activities outside of studies including your involvement with the ANU and the Canberra community; and
- An up-to-date CV covering tertiary education, your name and your contact details (including email address);
Applications can be sent via email to: email@example.com
Hardcopy applications can be sent to:
Physics Education Centre
Physics Building, Building Number 38
Research School of Physics and Engineering
College of Physical and Mathematical Sciences
The Australian National University
Canberra ACT 2601 Australia
Closing date is 30 November each year.