About the scholarship
About the scholarship
The Georgina Hope Rinehart Swimming Excellence Scholarship is among the most prestigious scholarships available in Australia, targeted to provide an opportunity for a series of high performance swimming scholars to compete at an elite level, while gaining an outstanding education. The Bond Swimming Club currently provides access to some of the best swimming coaches in Australia, some of whom are based on the Gold Coast.
The scholarship is open to male and female elite swimming athletes who are eligible to compete for Australia; are swimming at a very high level for a school or club; have a high quality academic record; and who possess leadership qualities.
Recipients of this scholarship will be provided with a unique mentoring experience through Bond Swimming Ambassadors, including Bond University Olympic and Commonwealth Games Gold Medallists. Bond Swimming Ambassadors will provide both sport and career mentoring, to assist in the development of the students’ sporting performance and preparation for life beyond sport.
Download a copy of the Sports Scholarships information flyer.
The Georgina Hope Rinehart Swimming Excellence Scholarships will be awarded to Australian students commencing their study at Bond University in the following year, January semester.
- Available to all Australian students applying for a single undergraduate degree, postgraduate degree or diploma at Bond University (excluding the Bond Medical Program).
- Australian students eligible to represent Australian Swimming.
- Meet the Academic requirements for selected program.
- Currently swimming at a very elite level.
- Strong leadership skills and community involvement.
- Recipients will be chosen in conjunction with Swimming Australia
- 100% tuition scholarship awarded to the student for any single diploma program, single undergraduate degree, single postgraduate degree at Bond University (excluding the Bond Medical Program). For a Bachelor of Laws this scholarship applies for a maximum of 6 semesters.
- Living allowance of $21,000 cash bursary given to the student each year as a cash payment, for up to three years. The cash bursary will be awarded as a cash payment and made directly to the scholar’s Bond student account. Pro-Rata basis if enrolled part-time (below 3 subjects).
- The cash bursary may be used as the student wishes, however, it is recommended that it is spent on accommodation, food, sporting equipment, participation in sporting events and training, student activity fees and textbooks. The bursary does not guarantee to cover all living expenses that the student will incur during their time at Bond University.