The House Call Doctor Futures in Health Indigenous Scholarship recognises the immense contributions of Indigenous Australians throughout all sectors of society.
The House Call Doctor Futures in Health Indigenous Scholarship recognises the immense contributions of Indigenous Australians throughout all sectors of society. However, the scholarship also acknowledges that Indigenous health professionals remain too few, numbering an estimated 0.3% of the national healthcare workforce. House Call Doctor, believes that healthcare professionals should reflect the diversity of patients they care for. Healthcare professionals from diverse backgrounds offer unique perspectives that enable the medical workforce to be more understanding and responsive to patient needs, both on an individual and community level.
Opening Date: 02 April 2018
Closing Date: 14 December 2018
- Year of Study: 2nd year
- Ethnicity: Aboriginal; Torres Strait Islander
- Study mode: All modes
- Gender: Any
- 18 years or older
- An Australian citizen or permanent resident
- Identify as Aboriginal and/ or Torres Strait Islander
- Be an undergraduate/ postgraduate student studying a medical/ health field at an Australian University
- Entering at least your 2nd year of study in 2019
- Can provide written documentation where required, such as a Statutory Declaration or other supporting documents
For further information please visit the House Call Doctor website here.