The Bachelor of Science (Honours) program in Computer Science and Engineering is a 1 year full-time or 2 year part-time award undertaken by eligible students after completion of a 3 year Bachelor...
The Bachelor of Science (Honours) program in Computer Science and Engineering is a 1 year full-time or 2 year part-time award undertaken by eligible students after completion of a 3 year Bachelor of Science program in a relevant discipline and offers students an opportunity to deepen their understanding of the discipline through the completion of advanced coursework and a research thesis.
The goals of the program are to:
- Provide advanced training to enable graduates to competently undertake sophisticated computing tasks in industry and commerce.
- Provide investigative academic training in preparation for undertaking postgraduate research, through Masters and PhD programs.
In attaining these goals the following objectives are considered important:
- To expand the scope and depth of training, by coursework, in chosen areas.
- To foster the development of personal initiative and group interaction by encouraging individual and cooperative investigation of topics of interest.
- To foster the development of creativity and project management by the planning and undertaking of significant project work in the form of a research thesis.
- To promote the development of verbal and written presentation skills.
- To provide an environment for open and free enquiry based on the accepted tenets of academic scepticism.
- To expose students to the rigour and excitement of novel enquiry.
1 years full time,
Graduates of Computing & Information Systems undergraduate courses at University of New South Wales (UNSW) rated their degrees as follows:
Teaching quality: 49.2% (national average 58.7%)
Improved skills: 78.1% (national average 77.3%)
Overall satisfaction: 80.6% (national average 75.3%)
The ratings above refer to the proportion of surveyed graduates who agreed with the statement about their undergraduate degree from University of New South Wales (UNSW). You can find out more about these results here.
Graduates of Computing & Information Systems undergraduate courses at University of New South Wales (UNSW) had the following employment outcomes:
Employed full time: 83.7% (national average 71.2%)
Studying full time: 7.8% (national average 11.7%)
Median full time salary: $62,700 (national average $58,700)
You can find out more about employment outcome results here.
CRICOS Code: 084277J
University of New South Wales (UNSW) Code: 4515
For more information about admission requirements for UNSW programs, visit the following website(s):