The Bachelor of Media is a progressive, internationally recognised degree that prepares you for a career in the creative, media and information industries.
The Bachelor of Media is a progressive, internationally recognised degree that prepares you for a career in the creative, media and information industries. Delivered through the School of Social Sciences, we provide the chance to learn from leading academics and working professionals from all areas of business, commerce and government.
- Explore relevant media theory and develop practical skills including writing, researching and producing media, and specialise in Screen, News and Journalism, Strategic Communications, or Media Practice and Analysis.
- Opening Semester 2, 2018 in the heart of Hobart’s cultural precinct, The Media School’s new facilities give you the opportunity to become proficient in new media technologies as they become available and use them to produce a range of content.
- Build a portfolio of your own work through the Media Projects units within the major and participate in work-integrated learning opportunities, which prepare you to get the most out of an industry placement and employer interviews.
Our program has strong links with the media industry in Tasmania, nationally and across the Asia region, and offers many opportunities to work within and alongside industry. Take part in fieldtrips, internships and exchanges – many with generous scholarships – with our leading international partner institutions in Japan, Malaysia, Denmark, the Netherlands and the UK.
During your second and third year, you will develop a portfolio of media work through the Media Projects production units. Whether you choose to undertake different projects each semester, or pursue one large-scale media project across all four, you will graduate with a significant portfolio of creative, media-related projects to show employers.
The flexible structure of the Bachelor of Media allows tailor your course content to suit your own interests. Dive deeper to develop your area of media specialisation, or broaden your learning across other areas of interest with the equivalent of a second major (eight units) or minor (four units), or individual elective units from across the University of Tasmania*.
International Students: $29,450 per year full-time
3 years full time,
University of Tasmania Code: 13T
If you are interested in studying the Bachelor of Media, you will need to meet at least one of the General Entrance Requirements of the University, and the following course-specific entry requirements:
If you are a Year 12 school leaver
- An ATAR score of 65 or higher (or see Alternative entry pathways below).
If you are a non-school leaver
- An equivalent ranking calculated by your previous qualifications and work experience.